1. To agree the annual performance objectives and targets for the Authority.
2. To review service performance against the objectives and performance indicators set in the Authority’s Corporate Plan in relation to service delivery.
3. To ensure that processes are in place which deliver effective planning and performance management arrangements, and review their effectiveness
4. To maintain an overview of internal and external review where these relate to performance issues.
5. To agree the terms of reference of any Service reviews, consider draft reports and agree the outcomes.
6. To oversee the Authority’s Integrated Risk Management Planning (IRMP) process, including approving publication of the Authority's Safety Plan for consultation.
7. To oversee the Authority’s public consultation arrangements.
8. To oversee the response to local or national consultations relating to performance matters, or oversee the development of the Authority’s response, and make recommendations to the Authority.
9. To oversee the Authority’s arrangements for formal and strategic partnerships.
10. To maintain an oversight of the Authority’s Critical Incident Framework and Operational Policy Framework.
Approved by the Authority on 15 June 2006 and amended by the Authority on 20 June 2008, 14 June 2012, 13 June 2013 and 16 October 2013.