The postholder is responsible for the relationship management of the contract with Eurotunnel for the provision of British fire-fighting services for the Channel Tunnel. In addition they are responsible for the development and management of Operational Plans and planning, Business Continuity and the emergency planning arrangement for the Authority.
- Area manager - operational resilience and planning
- Head of health and safety
Service Headquarters, Maidstone
- Responsible for the management of health and safety, ensuring that in the development of new procedures, ways of working and improvement identified through the quality assurance process, consideration is given to address health and safety practice.
- Responsible for the management and strategic direction of the external contract with Eurotunnel. Ensuring that First Line of Response (FLOR) is provided for the Channel Tunnel in line with the agreed contract with Eurotunnel.
- Responsible for setting the direction for the provision of business continuity and emergency planning arrangements for the Authority.
- Responsible for the strategic management and planning arrangements for the key operational risks with the Authority’s area.
- To manage and deliver major corporate project to time and budget to support service improvements or the delivery of organisational objectives.
- To attend and resolve operational incidents appropriate to the brigade manager role.
- Support the management of corporate governance processes through the Authority’s committee processes and corporate management board.
- To contribute to the delivery of the corporate objectives of the service as a member of the corporate management board and to form part of the corporate management cell during periods of major emergency.