The post holder will develop and implement strategies in the field of home and business safety. This will include the development of procedures and policies and implementation of projects, to ensure the Service's resources are effectively deployed to meet the current and emerging risks in Kent and Medway.
- Head of community safety
- Area manager - technical fire safety
Service Headquarters, Maidstone
- To ensure that national statutory and legislative requirements are translated into effective practice and procedures to ensure the service meets its statutory requirements and strategic objectives.
- To build strong local partnership relationships and work closely with local partners in order to ensure county wide resilience and to build capacity in the event of major incident.
- Responsible for the management, development and implementation of technical fire safety and community fire safety strategies to support corporate objectives.
- Develop and manage the Authority’s public consultation and engagement activity, in conjunction with Communications & Commissioning.
- To manage and deliver major corporate change projects to time and budget and to support service improvements and the delivery of organisational objectives.
- To attend and resolve operational incidents appropriate to the brigade manager role.
- Support the management of corporate governance processes through the Authority’s committee processes and corporate management board.
- To contribute to the delivery of the corporate objectives of the service as a member of the corporate management board and to form part of the corporate management cell during periods of major emergency.