The postholder is responsible for delivering a client focused service through the responsibilities of procurement, training and quality assurance. In doing so will also be responsible for the development and implemention of new operational procedures (including training) and the procurement of new or enhanced equipment which are intelligence lead and legislatively compliant.
- Area manager - operational development
- Area manager - groups
- Group Manager core skills
- Group Manager specialist skills
- Group Manager specialist projects
Service Headquarters, Maidstone
- Responsible for the evaluation and monitoring of the Service’s operational performance and any associated risk to ensure that adequate resources are maintained to provide an effective and efficient service within the county.
- Responsible for the management and strategic direction of the operational and command training function. Ensuring that the appropriate staff are effectively trained in new practices and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the Service carries out effective incident quality assurance/debrief functions through the analysis of operational incidents and new operational techniques, to enable the development and implementation of operational policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the client-side function for procurement of operational equipment. This will include the development of specifications, impact assessments and whole life assessments for new equipment and approaches, including the renewal planning for the vehicle fleet.
- Responsible for client side function for Safety Plan process. Together with the director of operations and service delivery and colleagues they will work with the policy and performance team to develop options for the Safety Plan process.
- To ensure that national statutory and legislative requirements are translated into effective practice and procedures to ensure that the service meets statutory requirements and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the development and management of the fire and rescue control centre including the development of the longer term provision of this function.
- To attend and resolve operational incidents appropriate to the brigade manager role.
- Support the management of corporate governance processes through the Authority’s committee processes and corporate management board.