Assistant director of human resources and training
To act as the Authority’s principal adviser on all human resources and employment issues, and to ensure the effective delivery of human resources and training services. Specific responsibilities include development of HR policy, delivery of recruitment services and general HR support to managers and all training services which include organisational development and operational training.
- Head of HR policy
- Head of organisational development
- HR service delivery manager
- Head of systems and processes
Service Headquarters, Maidstone
- To provide leadership for the overall delivery of the range of Human Resources and organisational development services, ensuring that they balance good HR practice, legislative requirements and support the operational needs of the Service
- Responsible for developing the Authority’s Human Resources strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organisation strategic thinking and direction; in order to establish human resources objectives in line with the organisational objectives.
- Support all levels of management by providing sound HR advice showing a true understanding of legislative and best practice to support them to meet corporate objectives. This will include the management of complex employment relation issues such as redundancy and Employment Tribunals.
- Responsible for the management, development and security of the Authority’s key databases that hold personal data; these include HR, Payroll, Finance and Customer Relationship Management.
- Responsible for the on-going well-being of all employees within the Authority. This includes the development of well-being strategies to reduce sickness and injury and the management of the external Occupational Health provider.
- Responsible for the management of the Organisational Development team, who deliver leadership and management training to support and enhance manager’s skills in the management of performance and change.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of the payroll and payroll related services. This will include the management of the third party provider and the development of the payroll system and associated pay policies and procedures.
- To manage and deliver major corporate projects to time and budget to support service improvement or the delivery of organisational objectives.
- Support the management of Corporate Governance processes through the Authority Committee processes and Corporate Management Board.
- To contribute to the delivery of the corporate objectives of the service as a member of the Corporate Management Board and to form part of the corporate management cell during periods of major emergency.