Director of operations
The postholder is responsible for the effective and efficient provision of operational response and resilience within Kent Fire and Rescue Service, to ensure that there is an appropriate balance between prevention, protection and response in the delivery of services across Kent and Medway.
Service Headquarters, Maidstone
- Accountable for the management, evaluation and improvement of the Service’s operational performance and to ensure that adequate resources are maintained to provide an effective and efficient service.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and review of contingency planning to ensure the Service has the necessary resources, support and staffing to provide sufficient emergency cover across the County and to respond to national resilience issues and emergencies.
- Accountable for the evaluation, development and implementation of Community Safety and Technical Fire Safety strategies. To ensure that fire prevention/protection programmes/strategies and their evaluation meet the needs of the community and reduces deaths, injuries and business losses.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of community/partnership engagement plans to take into account community needs and ensure this underpins all risk reduction plans.
- Responsible for the overall management of Service Delivery projects, which will include the development of new fire stations & the review of different crewing options. Ensure working within the operational policy and development units are incorporated into Service Delivery implementation.
- Responsible for the development of operational service delivery strategies ensuring that a risk reduction approach is taken.
- Management of Corporate Governance processes through the Authority and Corporate Management Board.
- To lead and support change initiatives through the Safety and Wellbeing Plan and service development plans.
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of equality and diversity policy and initiatives to achieve the Authority's key objective of promoting equality and fairness and meeting related targets.
- To attend and resolve operational incidents appropriate to the Brigade Manager role.
- To contribute to the delivery of the corporate objectives of the Service as a member of the Corporate Management Board and to form part of the corporate management cell during periods of major emergency.
- To deputise for the Chief Executive as required.