Assistant director of operational response
The postholder is responsible for delivering a client focused service through the responsibilities of procurement, training and quality assurance. In doing so will also be responsible for the development and implemention of new operational procedures (including training) and the procurement of new or enhanced equipment which are intelligence lead and legislatively compliant.
- Area Manager - Response
- Area Manager – Operational Policy & Development
- Area Manager - Projects
Service Headquarters, Maidstone
- Responsible for the Service’s operational group structure, and ensuring high-quality operational interventions, centred on the needs of customers, are delivered.
- Responsible for the evaluation and monitoring of the Service’s operational performance and any associated risk to ensure that adequate resources are maintained to provide an effective and efficient service within the county.
- Responsible for ensuring the Service carries out effective incident quality assurance/debrief functions through the analysis of operational incidents and new operational techniques, to enable the development and implementation of operational policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the client-side function for procurement of operational equipment. This will include the development of specifications, impact assessments and whole life assessments for new equipment and approaches, including the renewal planning for the vehicle fleet.
- Responsible for the client-side function for Safety and Wellbeing Plan process. Together with the director of operations and service delivery and colleagues they will work with the policy and performance team to develop options for the Safety and Wellbeing Plan process.
- To ensure that national statutory and legislative requirements are translated into effective practice and procedures to ensure that the service meets statutory requirements and strategic objectives.
- To attend and resolve operational incidents appropriate to the brigade manager role.
- Support the management of corporate governance processes through the Authority’s committee processes and corporate management board.