To act as the Authority’s principle financial advisor and chief financial officer, and to ensure the efficient financial management of the Service. To ensure the provision of effective and efficient corporate services to the Authority and Service.
Service Headquarters, Maidstone
- To act as the Authority’s principle financial advisor and chief financial officer (Section 151 Officer), engaging in specialist advice where necessary, and ensuring that its financial affairs are properly managed and that financial regulations are kept up to date and observed (S112, Local Government Act 1988).
- To oversee the management of the Authority’s premises and facilities management, contracts, procurement and assets management processes, and ensure that they are compliant with Service Orders and relevant legislation.
- To manage and develop Member support and committee services within the Authority, ensuring, in liaison with the Clerk of the Authority, that the conduct of meetings complies with the Authority’s Standing Orders and relevant legislation.
- To maintain an effective internal audit process on behalf of the Authority and appoint internal auditors as required (Accounts and Audit Regulation 2011).
- To ensure that the Authority’s finance and corporate services are continuously improved and developed to meet the needs of all users, and their effectiveness monitored against required standards.
- To lead and support change initiatives through the Safety Plan and service development plans.
- To contribute to the delivery of the corporate objectives of the service as a member of the Corporate Management Board and to form part of the corporate management cell during periods of major emergency.
- To deputise for the Chief Executive as required.
- To report to the Authority and to the external auditor any unlawful or potentially unlawful expenditure by Members or officers, or when it appears that expenditure is likely to exceed the resources available to meet it.