We exist to help keep you safe whether at work, home or as you move around Kent and Medway. We deliver services for everyone working and living in our changing community. We aim to give people advice and support in order to reduce the risk of fire and other emergencies as they go about their daily lives. Of course, accidents still happen and we aim to provide an excellent emergency response when it is needed, meeting the needs of every individual involved.
Our customer promise sets out what you are entitled to expect from us, and what we expect from our staff. It also outlines the standards that we have set ourselves in the key areas of service that we know are important to you. And because a statement is simply a statement, you will find quantifiable targets by which our performance can be measured in our action plans. Above all, it is our commitment to provide you with an assured level of service, giving you the peace of mind that we are working to help you stay safe in your home, at work and when you’re out and about in Kent and Medway.
There when you need us
- Everyone in Kent has a right to expect an excellent response from Kent Fire and Rescue Service.
- We will always seek to innovate so we can deliver a service that meets changing local needs.
- To develop a better understanding of our customers’ needs so we can provide services that fit your needs and accessible advice to help you keep yourself, your home and your business safe.
Respect, fairness, compassion
- We recognise without bias the rights, needs and dignity of others in all our contact with you.
- We will work to see things from our customers’ perspective and treat everyone with compassion, fairness and respect
- We will ensure all people, but particularly those with a disability; lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender people (LGBT); ethnic minority people; older people; and people from minority faiths, are aware of our services, feel confident to access them and understand how they can be adapted to meet individual needs.
Working with you to deliver good value services
- We will seek your views and listen to your feedback to help us shape and deliver our services.
- We will continue to deliver the best service we can by setting targets and honestly reviewing our performance to see where we can improve.
- We will spend public money in a way that maximises community benefits.
- We will take a common sense approach to our work with partners including police, ambulance and public health to save money, avoid waste and build safer, resilient communities.
- We will continue to work in a way that minimises our impact on the environment.
To listen, learn, and resolve your problems
- We will make it easy for you to contact us.
- Our staff will listen and deal with you in a professional, friendly way, avoiding jargon and taking responsibility to resolve your issue.
- We will respect and protect your privacy and personal data. We maintain a secure network and servers to safeguard your data against malicious activity.
- Despite our best efforts we occasionally make mistakes. When things do go wrong, we want you to feel confident that we will listen and deal with your complaint quickly and learn lessons to improve our services.
If you’re not happy with the service that you have received, it is important that we know. You can tell us about your complaint online, by telephone on 01622 692 121, or by letter to Kent Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters at The Godlands, Straw Mill Hill, Tovil, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6XB.
All complaints are referred for the personal attention of senior management.
We will investigate and aim to resolve any complaint within ten days of it being reported. If a complaint is complex and we need more time to investigate, we will let you know and agree a time frame with you for resolution.
And if you would like to let us know that we have done something well, we’d love to hear that too.