Setting objectives and priorities
Knowing about the people living in the
communities we serve and the people who work for us helps us to set
the right objectives and priorities
Our planning process ensures
that the information we gather about the communities, service users
and our own staff is used to inform the direction the
To make decisions we:
- Analyse the information we have gathered to
identify those most at risk or where action is needed to improve
service delivery or workplace practices.
- Set objectives and priorities to protect the
most vulnerable members of the community or to take action to
meet the needs of different groups of people.
- Set this out in our Corporate Plan.
- Consult with our various communities through the Safety Plan so that elected
Members of the Authority are aware of the impact before
any decisions are made.
- We also ensure that equality considerations
are an integral part of our decision making process, with people
impact assessments being carried out on all our key proposals
before any new policies are introduced.