Firefighters were called to a car alight on a driveway in Shalmsford Street, Chartham. The fire had spread to the windows and doors at the front of a house and crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze, using a compressed air foam system (CAFS) and hose reel jets. The property was smoke-logged as a result of the fire. There were no reported injuries. When firefighting was completed, the crew fitted smoke alarms in the house. The cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental, due to a mechanical issue with the car.