Kitchen fire in Margate pub
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in the kitchen of a Margate pub on Fort Hill. On arrival crews were faced with smoke issuing from the three storey property. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters entered the property to find a well developed fire in the kitchen area. Using a hose reel jet, main jet and a defensive fan, the fire was contained to the kitchen and extinguished. There were no reported injuries. It is believed to have been accidental and the probable cause was a slow, smouldering fire in a bin located under the kitchen worktop. The kitchen was completely destroyed by the fire and the restaurant and two flats above were left with smoke damage.