Small fire at public house in Shorne
Firefighters were called to a fire at a public house in Pear Tree Lane, Shorne, near Gravesend. Crews wearing breathing apparatus discovered a small fire on the stairs of the building. They extinguished the fire which was contained to the stairs using a hose reel and cleared smoke from the property with a positive pressure ventilation fan. They checked the fire was fully out using a thermal imaging camera. The occupants were alerted to the fire by the building's automatic fire alarm and were out of the property when crews arrived. They were given oxygen therapy due to breathing in smoke. The fire is believed to have been caused by heat from some laundry that had been recently been tumble dried.