Fire crews respond to house fire in Tenterden
Fire crews were called to Swain Road, Tenterden shortly before 1am to reports of a fire in a semi-detached property. Firefighters in breathing apparatus used two hose reels, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan to tackle the fire, which was contained to the ground floor.
Two fire engines attended the incident, which is believed to have started in an electrical distribution box in a store room on the ground floor. A man and four women were given precautionary checks for smoke inhalation but had managed to get out of their home safely along with their dog. Crews carried out a thermal scan of a neighbouring property to ensure there was no fire spread.
A Red Cross vehicle and the voluntary response team also attended to provide support to the family.