Boughton Lees chimney fire
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to a chimney fire in Boughton Lees, Ashford shortly after 7.30pm.
Firefighters arrived at the property to find lots of sparks and embers coming from the chimney. They used chimney gear to extinguish the fire and carried out an inspection from the top and bottom of the chimney using thermal imaging cameras to ensure the fire was completely out.
Crews also provided safety advice advising that the fire should not be relit the chimney has been swept and to only burn seasoned logs.
Businesses and homes can sign up for KFRS' free clean sweep email alert. We'll remind you in the summer to get your chimney swept and properly maintained.
It will help prevent fires and structural damage to your home or business.