Wood burner fire in High Halden
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire involving a chimney fire in domestic wood burner in Ashford Road, High Halden near Ashford. Firefighters removed fire from grate and then carried out a watching brief to ensure the chimney breast cooled correctly. There were no casualties. It's believed the fire was accidental.
Firefighters have urged owners of properties with open fires, wood burners and chimneys to make sure they've been cleaned recently and are regularly maintained to keep the home and its occupants as safe as possible. KFRS also has a 'Clean Sweep Alert' that people can register to; they will be updated with advice and best times to clean their chimneys - www.kent.fire-uk.org/cleansweepalert