Domestic garage fire in Eccles
UPDATE: 28 December 9am
Firefighters remained at the scene of a domestic garage fire in Eccles until 11pm. The fire, which is believed to have started accidentally in a tumble dryer in the garage, spread to the roof space of the home through the soffits and eaves.
The residents were alerted after their lighting circuit tripped and went to investigate to discover a well-developed fire in the garage.
The family did exactly the right thing in getting out of their home to safety and phoning 999.
The blaze destroyed the garage but crews worked exceptionally hard to limit the damage to approximately 20 per cent of the roof and a similar amount of smoke damage in the house.
Firefighters are tackling a fire in a domestic garage in Eccles. Crews wearing breathing apparatus are using a main jet and two hose reels to fight the blaze.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the blaze at 8.30pm and three fire engines were quickly on the scene and were met with a fire in the garage and roof.
There are no reports of any casualties.