Fire crews respond to small fire in Gravesend pub
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a large amount of smoke coming from a void in a pub in Windmill Street, Gravesend just before 1.30am.
Fire crews were on the scene within minutes and a breathing apparatus team went into the property to investigate using a thermal imaging cameras. They found the basement heavily smoke logged, caused by a fire in the void between the ground and basement.
The small fire is believed to have been started by a poorly disposed of cigarette. Crews used small tools to expose the area and a dry powder extinguisher. By 2.14am crews were damping down and left the scene around 2.40am.