Chimney fire near Canterbury
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a chimney fire at a pub in Stone Street, Stelling Minnis near Canterbury. Crew used chimney gear to tackle the blaze that was spotted by a member of staff who'd seen flames coming out of the top of the chimney. The fire was contained to the chimney.
Firefighters have urged owners of businesses or homes with open fires, wood burners and chimneys to make sure they've been cleaned and are regularly maintained to keep the property and occupants as safe as possible. KFRS also has a 'Clean Sweep Alert' that people can register to; they will be updated with advice and best times to clean their chimneys - www.kent.fire-uk.org/cleansweepalert