A man was taken to hospital following a fire in a ground floor flat in Davenport Avenue, Gillingham. Fire crews entered the smoke-logged property wearing breathing apparatus and extinguished a fire, which was contained to the kitchen, using a hose reel. They used a thermal imaging camera to check the fire was fully out and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan. The occupant, who was out of the flat when crews arrived, was passed in to the care of SECAmb. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, after a cooker was left on.