Kitchen fire in Kings Hill home
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a property in Monroe Way in Kings Hill where they discovered a saucepan had been left on the hob. Firefighters could see the flames through the window so forced entry into the property to extinguish the fire. Crews used breathing apparatus and a hose real jet and cleared the smoke with a large fan.
Firefighters have urged people to never leave anything cooking if you're heading out - even for a short while. Over half of fires in the home that KFRS attend start in the kitchen. Firefighters also ask people to never be distracted in the kitchen - 'keep looking while you're cooking'. For anyone who needs some fire safety advice, please contact our home safety team on 0800 923 7000 - you could also find out if you're eligible for a free safe and well visit from KFRS.