Actions of quick-thinking couple stopped spread of electrical fire
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to Hunting Gate, Birchington via an automatic careline alarm, after a small halogen heater caught fire. The elderly residents were initially alerted to the fire after hearing a popping noise coming from the bedroom. Upon discovering the heater alight, and flames starting to spread to the carpet, they quickly turned the heater off and got out of the property. When firefighters arrived the fire had burnt out - thanks to the quick actions of the residents. Crews checked the property, made it safe and removed the heater. The residents had symptoms of very slight smoke inhalation.
Support - Thermal imaging camera