Crews tackle bedroom fire in Canterbury
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a bedroom fire at a property in The Street in Chilham, Canterbury. Three fire engines attended the incident, in which a single tea light left unattended set fire to the curtains. Smoke alarms in the property did not sound, and despite the best efforts of the residents to put the fire out the using a dry powder extinguisher, it reignited. Firefighters extinguished the fire and made the property safe. Fortunately the residents had closed the bedroom door, helping to prevent the spread of fire, but the property was left with smoke damage.