Kitchen destroyed by fire - Strood
Occupants of a two-storey home in Station Road, Strood, were forced to evacuate along with their pet dogs after their toaster caught alight, with the fire eventually spreading to the rest of the kitchen.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with a high-pressure hose reel jet and a main jet from a nearby water hydrant.
The kitchen was 80 per cent destroyed by the fire, with the rest of the house suffering smoke damage. There are no reported injuries.