Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a garden shed fire in the back garden of a property in Rhododendron Avenue, in Meopham near Gravesend. Crews arrived to find a shed alight, which was situated very close to the house. It was quickly extinguished using a hose reel jet. It's believed the fire was started accidentally, and is thought to have been a cigarette that had been thrown away without being fully stubbed out. The shed roof and side was destroyed by fire and side of house damaged by heat and smoke.
Firefighters are urging anyone who smokes, outside or inside their property, to fully stub out their cigarettes. Fires can and do start by discarded cigarettes and can lead to devastating fires that can changes lives forever. If you need safety advice please call our Home Safety team on 0800 923 7000 - you may even be eligible for a Safe and Well Visit from KFRS.
Special and Support vehicles