Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a two-storey terraced house in Bingley Close, Snodland. The occupant was alerted to the fire by workings smoke alarms in the property, and quickly got out of the house, closing the kitchen door to help contain the fire. Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished a small fire involving a toaster, using a hose reel jet. They cleared smoke from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan. There were no casualties. The cause of the fire is being treated as accidental.