Carpet on fire in Canterbury home
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a property in St Peter's Lane, Canterbury to reports of a carpet on fire. When they arrived they discovered a woman in her early 30s suffering from smoke inhalation and minor burns to her foot. They treated the woman by giving her oxygen and cooling her burn under cool running water immediately for at least 20 minutes. She was then transferred into the care of paramedics. The fire, in a first floor bedroom was extinguished. The cause isn't known at this stage. There were no other injuries reported.
Saint Peter's Lane