Kitchen fire in Ramsgate flat
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a kitchen fire in a second floor flat in St Mildred's Road, Ramsgate. All occupants, an elderly couple and their teenage granddaughter, had safely evacuated the home and there were no reported injuries. Using breathing apparatus, crews entered the property and extinguished the fire. The cause isn't known at this stage. The Red Cross Volunteers were also in attendance to assist the occupants with welfare and emotional support.
Saint Mildred's Road