Swimming pool outbuilding fire in Romney Marsh
Firefighters were called to a fire involving a timber-framed outbuilding used to house swimming pool plant equipment in Brenzett, Romney Marsh. The fire had spread to an adjacent polytunnel containing a swimming pool. Crews used a hose reel and water from a hydrant to extinguish the blaze, which is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault. The timber building was destroyed,and the polytunnel and swimming pool were also fire damaged. There were no casualties. Fire crews also fitted smoke alarms to a nearby home.