Kitchen fire in Tunbridge Wells home
Kent Fire and Rescue Services was called to kitchen fire in Liptraps Lane, Tunbridge Wells. Two fire engines attended and crews used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, which started in the grill and spread to the washing machine. Fortunately the kitchen door was closed preventing fire spreading to other areas of the house. The occupant was outside on arrival suffering with the effects of smoke inhalation, and they self-presented to hospital.
Following this incident firefighters are highlighting the importance of keeping the cooker, grill and oven clean to avoid a build up of grease and fat, which can increase the chance of a fire starting.
For more information about how to have a fire safe meal time, visit the KFRS website - https://www.kent.fire-uk.org/news/campaigns/cooking-fire-reduction/