Smoke alarm alerts neighbour to cooking fire
A smoke alarm sounding alerted neighbours to a fire in the kitchen of a flat in Park Place, Ashford. Firefighters were called to the scene and entered the property wearing breathing apparatus. They discovered food alight under a grill which appears to have been left unattended. The crew extinguished the fire before it spread, and ventilated the property. Firefighters are warning residents to take extra care to ensure cookers and grills are fully switched off after use.