Log burner sparks fire in Southborough
Fire crews in breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish a fire in a living room. It is believed to have started by radiated heat from a log burning stove, which ignited timber stored around the burner itself. The fire spread to clothing being dried above the fire and also to a timber mantel.
Crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to minimise smoke damage and a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots and were damping down by 4.10pm. They gave fire safety advice to the family and left the scene at about 4.40pm.
Ten per cent of the living room was damaged by fire, the rest of the house was 50 per cent damaged by smoke.
Start date and time
Stop date and time
Hose reel jet,Breathing apparatus,Positive pressure ventilation fan,Thermal imaging camera