Basement fire in Chatham house
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to fire in a house in Luton Road, Chatham. On arrival firefighters found a fire in the building’s basement. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and whilst protected from the smoke by wearing Breathing Apparatus. After clearing the house of smoke using a high powered fan the crews assisted UK Power in making the premises safe and fitted smoke alarms on every floor. The cause of the fire is believed to have been an electric heater.
Start date and time
Stop date and time
Hose reel jet,Breathing apparatus,Positive pressure ventilation fan
- Electrical safety engineer (UK Power Networks)