Fire in public house kitchen
Two fire engines from Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded to a fire at a Public House in Walderslade Road, Walderslade. The fire was located in the cold store area of the building’s kitchen and later determined to have been caused by the cooling system overheating. On arrival the crews used a powered fan to push the smoke out of the building from which diners had been evacuated by restaurant staff. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building located the source of the fire using a thermal image camera and extinguished it using water from a main jet and hose reel. Once the fire was out, they continued to use the powered fan to clear the building of smoke and ensured the scene was safe.
Start date and time
Stop date and time
Main jet,Hose reel jet,Breathing apparatus,Positive pressure ventilation fan,Thermal imaging camera