Bedroom fire thought to be caused by faulty charger
A faulty charger is thought to be the cause of a fire in a bedroom in Roper Close, Park Wood, Gillingham, that led to a teenage girl needing an ambulance. Firefighters were called to the two-storey house after a smoke detector raised the alarm. Crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled a fire on the first floor using a hose reel and a main jet. All occupants were accounted for and a teenage girl was given oxygen therapy before being passed to the care of an ambulance crew. Crews used thermal imaging cameras to check the fire was completely out and a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property. A Red Cross support vehicle also attended the scene to offer assistance to the occupants following the fire.
Start date and time
Stop date and time
Main jet,Hose reel jet,Breathing apparatus,Positive pressure ventilation fan,Thermal imaging camera
- South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb)
- British Red Cross