Thirteen firefighters from Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) are set to receive their Long Service and Good Conduct Medals at a special presentation.
They will be honoured at a ceremony being held at Oakwood House, Maidstone on Tuesday, 29 September and will be presented with their medal by The Vice Lord Lieutenant, Richard Oldfield Esq DL.
The Long Service and Good Conduct Medal is issued by Royal Warrant on behalf of Her Majesty the Queen and is only presented to those with at least twenty years of exemplary service and following a recommendation from the KFRS Chief Executive (CE), Ann Millington.
“I extend my sincere congratulations and heartfelt thanks to those receiving their medals” said CE, Ann Millington. “Our firefighters are incredibly committed and talented people, they do a fantastic job often under the most challenging and arduous of conditions but they do it with humility and dignity and it is an honour to be able to recognise them in this way.”
The presentation will also be attended by Chairman of Kent and Medway Fire and Rescue Authority, Nick Chard and members of the Fire Authority, as well as friends and family.
Those receiving the award are:
• Crew Manager Joe Bathurst - Canterbury
• Firefighter Ian Cleary – Thames-side
• Crew Manager Trevor Cox – Canterbury
• Watch Manager Ian Crouch – Thames-side
• Crew Manager Paul Dennis – Channel Tunnel
• Firefighter Lee Jesse – Thames-side
• Firefighter Stuart Lowe – Swanley
• Watch Manager Richard Nott – Training Centre
• Crew Manager Chris Phipps – Larkfield
• Crew Manager Graham Porter – Medway
• Watch Manager Michael Robbins – Medway
• Crew Manager Sean Tovey – Whitfield
• Firefighter Justin Venes - Ashford
Ann Millington said: “I am extremely proud of all those receiving awards and would like to express my thanks, not just to them but also to their families for the support they give behind the scenes.”
Notes to editors
Journalists and photographers are welcome to attend the event at Oakwood House, Oakwood Park, Maidstone on Tuesday, 29 September. The ceremony starts at 2pm
Please confirm your attendance with the Press Office on 01622 212425
Photos from the Awards Ceremony will be available from midday on Wednesday, 30 September on Flickr.com/photos/KFRS in an album called Awards 2015