A Dartford mum is urging other families across the county to have an escape plan and to practice it regularly, after a fire in her home earlier this year.
The fire started in the early hours of 1 March 2016 when the immersion heater in the airing cupboard developed a fault and caught fire. The family all managed to escape safely.
Cheryl Woodgate, who lived at Brewers Field until the terrifying fire, recently took her children to meet the Dartford firefighters who attended their house fire, in the hope it would help her two children (aged 3 and 6), who were still affected by the fire.
The firefighters talked to the children about what happened that night, the family were given a tour around the fire station and one of the fire engines that was used to tackle the blaze.
For more information about family safety please call 0800 923 7000