Community volunteers scheme
Kent Fire and Rescue Service are seeking to
recruit community volunteers who have an interest in
helping it deliver safety messages throughout Kent and
Volunteers will not carry out any operational
fire safety duties but will assist in engaging with the community
to promote safety awareness and the services offered.
Key volunteer tasks include:
- Attending community safety events to support educational and
preventative work to reduce house fires, cooking related fires,
road traffic collisions and deliberate rubbish fires.
- Promoting KFRS’ home fire safety service and helping to
generate referrals across Kent and Medway.
- Attending and supporting mock road traffic events with KFRS and
partner agencies and where necessary and willing acting as
volunteers for extractions from vehicles.
- Helping to deliver community safety literature in designated
areas across Kent and Medway in line with promotional campaigns or
post incident work.
- Representing KFRS at community locations to disseminate fire
safety literature and sign post members of the public to our
community safety services.
- Assisting staff, where appropriate, with home safety visits
where cultural barriers or communication difficulties are
- To provide extended home safety support for vulnerable groups
of people where smoke alarms may have been fitted by third
- Reporting fly-tipped rubbish in focus areas to respective fire
station personnel, district council community safety units and
neighbourhood Clean Kent watches.
We are not currently recruiting
For further details please contact Karen
Garrett on firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone on 01622 692121 ext 6672.