Kent Fire & Rescue Service
Home > Your safety > Business safety > Safer Living > Are you a resident in Specialised Housing?
Are you a living in Specialised Housing?

Are you living in Specialised Housing?

Safer Living home page banner

Free email advice and information on how you can be safer at home

Are you aware that Specialised Housing is regulated by the Fire Authority and Local Authority?

You can find further information on Specialised Housing on the Elderly Accommodation Counsel website.

Did you know you might be eligible for a free KFRS safe and well visit?

If you are:

  • Over 70 or you care for loved one is over 70
  • Caring for someone living with dementia
  • Living with children under the age of 5 in the property
  • Live with 5 or more occupants in the property
  • A smoker
  • Live with potential fire setters (someone who is likely to start a fire)
  • Live with a disabled occupant
  • Live with someone who doesn’t feel safe in their home.

If you have said yes to any of the above:

Please call our safe and well visit team on 0800 923 7000 or email for some home safety advice or to see if you’re eligible for a visit from our team.

If you’re not eligible for a safe and well visit, did you know there are extra steps you can take to help keep your loved ones safe?

There is a selection of fire safety aids available to buy that can help keep you and your loved one safe and independent, including:

  • Smoke alarms with warning lights and vibrating pads for the deaf or hard-of-hearing
  • Fire-resistant sheets and pillowcases
  • Remote smoking ashtrays
  • Automatic shut-off switches for ovens and hobs
  • Electrical socket guards
  • External post boxes
  • Key safes

Sign up for free email advice and information about Specialised Housing

Connect with us
  • Facebook icon
  • Twitter icon
  • YouTube icon
  • Flickr icon
  • GovDelivery icon
  • Instagram icon
  • Facebook icon
  • Twitter icon
  • YouTube icon
  • Flickr icon
  • GovDelivery icon
  • Instagram icon