Sign up for free email alerts and information about keeping your premises compliant with regulations and safe for your residents and staff
Are you aware that Specialised Housing is regulated by the Fire Authority and Local Authority?
Find out more about your fire safety responsibilities.
You can find further information on Specialised Housing on the Elderly Accommodation Counsel website.
Further ways you can help your residents stay safe in their homes:
Did you know you that your residents might be eligible for individual free KFRS safe and well visit?
If they are:
- Aged over 70 years
- Caring for someone living with dementia
- Living with children under the age of 5 in the property
- Live with 5 or more occupants in the property
- A smoker
- Live with potential fire setters (someone who is likely to start a fire)
- Live with a disabled occupant
- Live with someone who doesn’t feel safe in their home.
If you have said yes to any of the above:
Please put them in touch with our Safe and Well Visit team on 0800 923 7000 or by email: email@example.com for some home safety advice or to see if they're eligible for a visit from our team.
If they're not eligible for a Safe and Well Visit, did you know there are extra steps they can take to help keep themselves safe?
There is a selection of fire safety aids available to buy that can help individuals stay safe and independent, including:
- Smoke alarms with warning lights and vibrating pads for the deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Fire-resistant sheets and pillowcases
- Remote smoking ashtrays
- Automatic shut-off switches for ovens and hobs
- Electrical socket guards
- External post boxes
- Key safes.
Sign up to receive free email advice and information about keeping your residents and staff safe