You can reduce the risk of a fire in your home by remembering to do a simple bedtime safety check.
- A smoke alarm is fitted on every level of the property.
- Internal doors are closed - in the event of a fire, this can help prevent flames and smoke spreading to other rooms.
- All unused electrical equipment (TVs, games consoles, laptops, smartphones - anything that uses a mains or USB charger) is unplugged.
- Any cigarettes or other smoking material is properly put out.
- Portable heaters or electric blankets are switched off.
- Ovens, grills and hobs are switched off.