Safe and Well - Do you have a young child or are you pregnant?
If you have children aged five or under or if you are pre or post-natal, please let us make your home safe for the young people in your life and for the wider family.
Top tips for young families:
- Burns and scalds can be very serious especially for young children – please see our guidance about how to treat a burn or scald.
- Learn some basic first aid.
- Make sure you have working smoke alarms - test them weekly.
- Make an escape plan and ensure your whole family know it.
- Keeping the whole family safe from carbon monoxide gases with alarms.
You can also follow our simple STEPS to feel ‘Safe and Well’:
If you’re unsure about following this advice you can book a FREE Safe and Well Visit.
Call our Safe and Well Visit team:
On 0800 923 7000 during normal office hours or send email or complete this form and we’ll contact you.
Our home safety officers or firefighters will visit your home at a time convenient for you, and together with you will tailor the visit to suit your needs and the type of property you live in.
A typical free visit takes around 45 minutes and includes the fitting of free smoke alarms where necessary, as well as vital advice to help you stay safe and well.
Please note: Our staff always carry official identification and you can contact us to check that they are a genuine employee of Kent Fire and Rescue Service.