You are here: Home > Your business > CLG Guides > Licensing >


Under the Licensing Act 2003 your local council is responsible for granting licenses.

This covers the sale and supply of alcohol, the provision of hot food and drink after 11pm and the provision of regulated entertainment.

Licenses available are:

  • personal license
  • premises license
  • club premises certificate
  • temporary event notice

When you submit your application for your license, Kent Fire and Rescue Service will be consulted with regards to promoting public safety.  We will want to see that you are committed to providing and maintaining adequate fire safety measures according to the risks of the premises and the activity taking place.

If we have concerns over public safety we may object to your application.

Visit the Licensing pages of your local council website for further information about arrangements in your area:

Site tools


Add This


Objective: We are committed to providing high quality and value for money services