Kent Fire and Rescue Service volunteers give their time, skills and knowledge to help create a safer future for Kent and Medway.
Together we are all one team and, with our volunteers acting as our ambassadors, we’re helping to make a difference to people’s lives – whoever they are.
If you enjoy contributing, being there for other people and want to be part of something that matters, consider volunteering with KFRS.
- You will need to be at least 16 years old to volunteer, although for some roles you may need to be at least 18 years old.
- Please visit our roles page for information about the roles we are recruiting for. If there’s a role that suits your skill set, then please apply.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an informal interview, where it will be your opportunity to talk us through your skills and experience to support your application, get to know us and ask us any questions you might have
- In preparation for your interview, please take the time to look through the KFRS volunteer pages and also explore the essence of being a volunteer with us.
- If you are successful in becoming a volunteer, you will be asked to provide two references and a DBS check will be carried out.
- On receipt of satisfactory references, you will then be asked to attend induction and training sessions.
- If you are unsuccessful following your interview, we will provide you with full feedback about the outcome.
We have a fantastic variety of volunteering roles at KFRS.
You can find out more about the current roles we are recruiting for, here.