Vacancy reference: VR443
We are looking for competent Wholetime Firefighters currently employed by a UK Fire & Rescue Service to join Kent and Medway Fire Authority to fill a number of Wholetime Firefighter vacancies on our Flexi Rostering Duty System.
To be eligible to apply applicants must:
• be a signed off as a competent Wholetime Firefighter
• be Breathing Apparatus qualified
• have evidence of community safety activity
As part of the recruitment process applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, complete a training needs analysis and provide details of their qualifications and training records.
The following skills are desirable:
• Incident Command Level 1
• Emergency Fire Appliance Driver (EFAD)
• Institution of Occupational Safety and Health Managing (IOSH)/Working Safely or equivalent
• Road Traffic Collision Foundation Course or equivalent
• Level 2 Water First responder
• Immediate Emergency care skills
• Institution of Fire Engineers Level 2 Certificate in Fire Science, Operations and Safety
• Coaching and Mentoring Level 1
• Working at Height
If successful following the shortlisting process you will need to complete the following:
1. Theory and practical drill ground assessment
2. Interview and fitness test
3. Medical and enhanced DBS check
You will need to successfully pass each element to progress through to the next stage.
If you are successful with your application you will be required to complete a transferee course.
The Flexible Rostering Contract
The Flexible Rostering Duty System operates a flexible rostering pattern of working, enabling variable patterns of working. You will work a contractual number of shifts over the course of each calendar year (152.5 without long service, 149.5 with long service). You will be based at a specific station which will be decided subsequent to an offer of appointment. However within your contract there will be the flexibility to detach you to any other station within the county.
To apply please complete the application form and training needs analysis and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1700 hours on 22nd January 2019.