Maidstone Fire Station
Grade 3: £19,000 - £21,419 per annum
Permanent, Full Time - 37 hours per week
Being a part of Kent Fire and Rescue Service
Every one of us helps to save lives. We are one team. Together with our customers we are creating a safer and more inclusive future for Kent and Medway.
Being a ‘Safe and Well Call Representative’
As a Safe and Well Call Representative you will be the first point of contact for our customers and agencies, providing outstanding customer experience from the beginning of our service. You will speak to a wide range of customers including many with complex needs and you will be required to risk assess each contact to provide relevant fire safety advice and to book Safe and Well visits within our Service timeframes. The post holder will be required to work full time on a varied shift pattern including some evenings and Saturdays.
What you’ll do
- Carry out call handling functions including incoming and outgoing calls, speaking to members of the public, partner agencies and other departments within KFRS.
- Speak to a wide range of customers including many with complex needs and liaise with agencies to ensure the appropriative service is provided to our customers.
- Risk assess each referral and take necessary steps to book Safe and Well visits within the policy and procedures of KFRS
- Liaise with other departments within KFRS to answer customer enquiries.
What you’ll bring
- Experience in receiving, screening and handling telephone calls within a call centre environment or similar.
- Excellent, clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to take a mindful approach when speaking to customers to be able to adapt communication accordingly.
- Ability to interpret information and assess levels of risk.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise own workload and adapt to changing situations.
How to apply
Please complete an online application and CV by midnight on 8th August 2021.
Interviews will take place on 1st September 2021 or 2nd September 2021.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service, its employees and volunteers, are committed to safeguarding, protecting and supporting children, young people and adults at risk. As part of our safer recruitment process, we will undertake pre-employment checks to verify your suitability for the role. These checks will include your references and a standard or enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Enhanced DBS check with barred lists are carried out for roles with direct and unsupervised access to children, young people and adults at risk. Risk assessments will be undertaken on any disclosures identified as part of the pre-employment checks.
As a Public Sector organisation with added responsibilities under the Equality Act, 2010 the candidate must demonstrate an understanding of what is meant by Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and how this fits in with their everyday work.