We recently closed our recruitment and are currently not looking for any volunteers at this stage
Our volunteers do not have any firefighting duties but instead help by talking to people to make them aware of safety issues and the services available from KFRS.
Volunteer roles are varied and could include:
- Promoting our home fire safety services in community locations, providing safety information and helping to generate referrals.
- Identifying vulnerable people, particularly in rural locations, who would benefit from our services.
- Assisting our delivery teams with their education and fire setter programmes
- Assisting our home safety visit team
- Supporting KFRS staff and partner agencies to deliver road safety messages.
- Providing a rapid response to communities that have been affected by flooding and other emergencies.
- Helping your local fire station with post-incident response and risk reduction activities.
- Assisting staff to support business safety
- Acting as casualties in KFRS operational training events.
- Identification of faulty fire hydrants and open water resources in rural areas.
- Gathering customer experience information
To find out more about the application stages of a volunteer feel free to read our application information sheet.
For any further details please contact Karen Grieves by email email@example.com or phone 01622 692121 ext 6672.
Sign up for volunteer news and updates
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer, or already are part of our team, sign up for email updates and stay in touch!