Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a shed fire on Sea View Close in Folkestone. Two fire engines were sent to the scene and the fire is believed to have been started accidentally as a result of a towel being placed over a light in the external area of the shed. The heat from the light is said to have ignited the towel, before spreading to the right hand side of the shed and roof.
Due to the quick discovery of the fire, there was fortunately only a small amount of damage to the shed. Firefighters used a hose reel jet to extinguish smouldering hot spots under the roof and sides.
Sea View Close