Man treated for smoke inhalation after garage fire in Margate
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a smalll fire in Crossways Avenue in Margate involving a domestic garage. Crews arrived to find a man suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke, he was treated with oxygen and advised to go to A&E as a precaution. The fire was at the rear of the garage and crews needed to rescue three giant tortoises. Firefighters used breathing apparatus, hose reel jet and ventilation fans to extinguish the blaze.