Gas barbecue fuel cylinder catches light - Ashford
Firefighters have issued safety advice and fitted smoke alarms following reports that a gas barbecue's fuel cylinder caught alight while situated close to a single-storey property in Mill Hill, Kingsnorth, near Ashford.
It's believed that hot fat overflowing from the barbecue ignited and set fire to the fuel cylinder.
The crew extinguished the fire with a high-pressure hose reel jet. There are no reports of any injuries.
See our website for more barbecue safety tips - http://www.kent.fire-uk.org/your-safety/home-safety/a-z-of-safety-what-are-the-risks/barbecues/